What is reconciliation?
Reconciliation is the process of cross-checking Zip payouts with individual transactions made through the platform.
What do you need to reconcile?
Access to the Merchant Portal and the corresponding Stripe Account.
This is how it works:
- Log in to your Merchant Portal account and select the “Transactions” tab at the top.
- Select the desired dates for reconciliation.
- Select “Export CSV,” once the transactions are exported you will see: The date of transaction, The order date (The order date is the date of the actual order. The transaction date will only be different when there is a return), Merchant reference number Zip order number, Customer name, The gross amount (amount paid by the customer), The merchant fee The transaction fee, The net amount (the amount to be paid out to the merchant), Total fees, Currency, Merchant ID.
- To cross-reference the transactions, select the “payments” tab and then select Transfer ID, Date, Amount.
- The gross amount in the last tab of this export should correspond to the “Transfer ID” tab of the transactions export. You will then be able to see which individual transactions add up to the gross payout.
- The final spot check to consider when reconciling is the payouts listed in your Stripe account—select “Connected Accounts” on the left.
- After selecting “Connected accounts” on the left, select the “Payouts” tab beneath Activity. Here you can cross-reference the payouts from the Merchant Portal with the payouts directly to your bank account via Stripe.
Should you require further assistance or have questions, you can email our Merchant Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your account manager.